UserAnalytics collects and processes personal data, as a data controller, in the following situations:
- Personal data of individuals visiting the website user-analytics.net (the “Website”), those individuals being referred to as “Website User”;
- Personal data of any individual accessing and/or using the Services through the client account, those individual being referred to as “Services User”.
By accessing the Website or by using the Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to all terms and conditions set out herein.
A. Personal data collected and processed by UserAnalytics
What personal data is collected?
As to the Website Users: UserAnalytics may collect and use the following personal data:
- Personal data needed for the creation of your account on the Website such as your first name, last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, company, job title and date of birth.
- Additional personal data may also be collected when purchasing services offered by UserAnalytics on the Website: credit or debit card four last numbers and expiration date. For online customers, full information of credit or debit card numbers are not stored by UserAnalytics but directly by Stripe (secure online payment provider).
- Personal data needed to use the Services : first name, last name, email address, job title, company, email address, phone number.
UserAnalytics does not collect any sensitive data, either on the Services or Website Users.
Why are your personal data being processed?
As to the Website Users: UserAnalytics processes your personal data to:
- Use the Services account to access the knowledge base;
- provide you with the services you requested, such as a demo, and/or purchased on the Website;
- provide assistance and solve any problems you may face during the visit of the Website;
As to the Services Users: UserAnalytics processes your personal data to:
- create, use and keep your user account;
- provide you with the Services;
- to notify you about new data available on the platform or to inform you about specific events that happened on the platform, related to your activity;
- inform you about news and updates of our services;
- provide assistance and solve any problems you may face during the use of the Services;
- request your comments or your participation in surveys to improve our services;
- monitor the use of the Services by the User, to improve the Services
What is the legal ground of the personal data processing?
As to the Website Users, the grounds of the processing are the following, depending on the data collected and the purpose of its process:
- Personal data needed for the creation of your account on the Website such as your first name, last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, company, job title and date of birth: the ground is the consent of the Website Users
- Additional personal data may also be collected when purchasing services offered by UserAnalytics on the Website: credit or debit card details: the ground is the execution of a contract
- For online customers credit or debit card numbers are not stored by UserAnalytics but directly by Stripe (secure online payment provider).
- Personal data needed for navigation traffic analysis, i.e.: IP address, hour of visit of the Website, history of the consulted pages, etc.: the ground is the consent of the Website Users
UserAnalytics may share personal data of Website Users and Services Users with:
- its subsidiaries and/or affiliates for prospective client research, managing client database and relationship.
- subcontractors responsible for providing website hosting.
UserAnalytics does not disclose, communicate, sell, share, rent or trade Website Users or Services Users to any third party for commercial purposes.
Your personal data will be communicated in compliance with the applicable law and within a framework of agreements to ensure compliance with this policy.
In addition, we may be forced to disclose your personal data in application of a law or a regulation in force, a court order, or if such disclosure is necessary in the context of an investigation or proceedings, on the national territory or abroad.
Protection of your personal data
Communication between you and UserAnalytics are encrypted end to end, using SSL. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to systems. We restrict access to personal information to UserAnalytics employees who need to know that information.
UserAnalytics generally follows accepted industry standards to protect the personal information it processes.
However, no method of transmission, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and therefore there is no guarantee of absolute security.
UserAnalytics will store the Website and Services Users only for the time necessary to accomplish the purposes for which they were originally collected or the time required in order to comply with applicable regulations.
UserAnalytics will store the Services Users personal data as long as the corresponding account created is active. When a Service User is inactive for an interrupted period of 3 years, UserAnalytics will delete all data relating to this account.
When Personal data of Website or Services Users is used for commercial prospection purposes, it may be retained by UserAnalytics for a period of up to three years after the end of the commercial relationship.
Personal data of prospective clients may be retained by UserAnalytics for a period of up to three years after its collection by UserAnalytics or the last contact initiated by the prospect.
Credit card data is deleted after the transaction has been completed. However, the four last numbers of the card number and its expiration date may be retained for evidentiary purposes in case of a possible dispute relating to the transaction, for a period of up to thirteen months following the debit date. This period may be extended to fifteen months in order to take into account the possibility of using bank cards with deferred payment arrangements.
The personal data necessary to implement the Website and Services Users right to object to the processing of its personal data (for instance, its email address) may be retained by UserAnalytics for a period of up to three years from the exercise of such right.
The information stored in the Website Users' device (for instance, cookies) or any other element used to identify users and allowing traceability of users may be retained by UserAnalytics for a period of up to thirteen months.
Raw usage data resulting from user identification may be retained by UserAnalytics for a period of up to thirteen months.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser so that the website can remember certain information.
The information collected via the Cookies are used to remember certain information relating to your navigation on the Website.
Website Users will be able to manage their choices regarding cookies at any time as further explained herein.
What cookies are used on our Website and for what purposes?
Strictly necessary cookies:
These cookies are essential in order to enable Website Users to browse the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you Users asked for such as remembering login details cannot be provided.
These cookies collect information about how Website Users use our Website. These cookies are only used to improve the performance of our Website. For instance, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how Users get to our Website, how they use it and highlight what we can improve. The data collected by these cookies is aggregated.
What cookies are used on our Website and for what purposes?
You may at any time manage your choices regarding cookies by using your browser settings and may thus reject cookies from us or from any other website.
Each browser has its own cookie management system:
For Microsoft Edge Click on “More Options” (…symbol) on the top right corner of the browser Select “Settings” then click on “View advanced settings” Select “Cookies” from the drop down menu
For Internet Explorer 11 Click on the “Tools” tab, then on “Internet Options”Click on “Privacy” tab Select your preferred level of confidentiality
For Google Chrome Go to the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar Select “Settings” then click on “Show advanced settings”In the "Privacy" section, click on the “Content settings” button.
In the "Cookies" section, you can change cookies settings
For Mozilla Firefox Click on the "Tools" tab, then on "Options"Click on the "Privacy" tab Select your preferred option under "Cookie"
For Safari Click on “Safari”, and then on “Preferences”Click on “Privacy” Select your preferred option
For Safari on iOS In the "Settings" app, select "Safari"Go to "Cookies" under the "Privacy" section Select your preferred option
For Android browser Click on the upper right buttonGo to "Settings" then "Privacy & security menu" Select your preferred option
For Opera Go to the "Files" tab, and then click on "Preferences"Click on "Privacy" Select your preferred options
For more information about cookies, please visit the following website: www.cnil.fr/en/home.
C. Third party websites